ALL SAINTS APOSTOLIC MINISTRIES ENGAGE | RECEIVE | GROW There is bread in this house!
Our History
 1960
 2012
 1949  1979

In 1949, Eld. Tapper established All Saints Pentecostal Church in a small rented store front on 825 N. 30th Street in the Church Hill district under the leading and guidance of the Lord. From a storefront with his family and eight additional saints, to a historic brick church located at 1 West Leigh St., and to our current location on 2001 Royal Avenue, the mission has grown as souls were won to Christ.

 

To more clearly convey the essence of the ministry, Eld. Tapper changed the name of the church from All Saints “Pentecostal” (meaning fiftieth) to All Saints “Apostolic” (derived from “apostle” denoting the ministry of the gospel given by Jesus to the apostles as He sent them out). God’s approval upon the ministry was very evident through the heavy anointing of worship services, Bible teaching and radio broadcasts as well as community service.

 

In 1980, Eld. Tapper contracted and supervised construction of the educational wing onto the church, which serves as All Saints Child Care Center. After quickly outgrowing its capacity of 45 children, a two-story annex building project was completed in November 1988. In 1992, Dr. Lona T. Rogers initiated the All Saints Letsy Ann Memorial School in commemoration of the late Mother Letsy Ann Tapper and Eld. Tapper’s vision of a grade school with a Christian environment. We currently boast an effective curriculum for child care/preschool through 2nd grade.

 

Eld. Tapper was appointed by the late presiding Bishop Samuel Grimes as District Elder in 1961 and labored diligently as chairman of the Virginia State Council (28th Episcopal District of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World) for 15 years. Consecrated in August 1993 as Suffragan Bishop under Diocesan Bishop Clarence E. Moore, he served in a dual pastorate role for many years before passing the pastoral mantle of All Saints Apostolic Church to his daughter, Dr. Lona Rogers.

ALL SAINTS APOSTOLIC MINISTRIES

PHONE: 804.232.3159                        Address: 2001 Royall Ave., Richmond, Va.  23224

 

Sunday Christian Education: 9:30 a.m. EST

Sunday Morning Worship: 11:30 a.m. EST

Sunday Evening Worship: 6:00 p.m. EST